Monday, September 24, 2012

Never Too Busy For Dad

On Saturday of this past weekend, my son, Ben, and I had planned on going to the BYU Raqueteer Day tennis tournament with the BYU tennis team together. Unfortunately, his school homecoming activities got in the way, and I went alone. I had a great time, but wished my son could have been there with me. On the way home, I called and spoke with my daughter, Abbie. I invited her to play tennis with me. She informed me that she was waiting for a friend to call her back so they could play. I suggested that we could go play tennis until she heard back from the friend. She replied, "It's okay. I'm good."

I arrived home soon thereafter, and Christopher greeted me with his typical squeal and grabbed my hand to lead me to what he wanted to do together. Before long, he took me to the garage. He chose the Corvette over the Jeep today. We streaked down the freeway with the windows open and he laughed, giggled, squealed and constantly changed the music as usual. I enjoyed my time with my boy. Today, I recognized another blessing that Christopher brings to my life. He is never too busy to spend time with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment