Tuesday, March 27, 2012

If You Chance To Meet A Frown

While raising a child that does not talk and only knows about two signs, Alice and I frequently find ourselves wising that we knew what Christopher was thinking. As I have written in some other posts, Christopher frequently sings and expresses himself by voicing "uh, uh, uh" sounds with various intonations. The bathroom seems to be one of his favorite places to sing. Water is one of his favorite activities. This evening while I was giving him a bath in the bathroom, he began singing. After a few seconds, I recognized the tune: "If You Chance to Meet a Frown." I do not believe I have ever heard him sing this song before, nor have I heard this song sung in his presence. However, he has an IPAD (thanks to his Grandma), and one of the APPS allows him to select numerous children's songs and play them. Christopher has his favorites that he will play frequently, and others, he will only play a few beats before he selects another. He evidently has listened to "If You Chance to Meet a Frown" long enough to learn its melody, and chose that song to sing while enjoying one of his favorite activities. The notion, as expressed in the song, of encouraging happiness by getting rid of frowns is so consistent with Christopher's personality and the positive influence he has on people. I am confident that there are numerous people who have had the courage to get rid of frowns because of Christopher's influence. I have first hand experience.

After Christopher finished singing the song once, I pulled out my phone and waited for him to sing again. With a little coaxing, I was able to get the song on video although it wasn't as good as the first time. Here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment