Friday, March 16, 2012

Its All About Perspective

Christopher was a little sick today and had a couple bouts of diarrhea. Each time that I cleaned up, he sang one of his favorite songs in his "uh, uh, uh intonation style." I could not help but chuckle on one occasion as I was cleaning up the mess that ran down his leg and got all over his clothes, he was singing the children's song, "It Shouldn't Be Hard to Think About Jesus." That was not exactly the moment that I was inclined to think about Jesus, but for Christopher, he does not let anything distract him from thinking about Jesus and choosing to be happy--not even an upset stomach and diarrhea. Christopher has taught me so much from his simple example. Today, I was reminded of the importance to think about Jesus always--whether things are going well or challenging. I am going to endeavor to be willing to think about Jesus all the time regardless of where I think things are going subjectively good or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment